Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 February 2013

WEDNESDAY 20/02

For the first time in many months I have felt like going out on my own so ventured to the reserve at Dungeness. ARC hide had the easterly wind blowing head on so opening windows was not pleasant and made the eyes water. Nineteen Smew were seen which must be the largest amount ever seen by me in one place. After much scanning managed to find the duck Red Crested Pochard ( 102) many shovelor , tufties a nd a few golden eye with fly over of 2 Marsh Harrier. After my abandoned attempt due to masses of birders to locate Tundra Bean Geese I went over to Boulderwall farm after scanning thru Greylag,widgeon,lapwing,starling , mallard , canada and greylag geese managed to find 5 Tundra Bean Geese (103)just within range.
So although a short trip a welcome return to a bit of birding on my own so now have to target a few winter migrants before it gets warm  Waxwing , skuas, guillimot, white fronted geese etc    

No comments:

Post a Comment