Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 February 2013

Friday 22/2

Walland and dungeness with Sandwich terns reported at dungeness and Lambs in the field
 

Why did the temperature not rise above plus 1 with a strong East wind making "feel like "more like minus 3 and light snow showers all day.
Reserve had the population all clinging to the shores to avoid the wind the only exception being the Smew now on New Diggings, Little of interest on the notice board and the stonechat which I need still avoiding me.
Walland had all the Bewicks in a far off field I have yet to pick out the whoopers reported with them.
Only one Marsh Harrier seen but found Tickners seed dump for the first time. A Buzzard was scared off the bush adjacent to the dump. Many chaffinches / Fieldfares/yellowhammers I also "saw" a couple of Corn buntings but due to the poor light I will not count as bird 104 for 2013. A return visit is required  to add them . A Goldfinch was reported on my garden feeders which was missed by me I have not seen one in the garden since moving in last July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment